| ####### Website ####### Blog Pix ####### Flickr ####### Résumé |
<Rainbow Heron>Welcome to the Brain Dump! |
Saturday, August 24, 2002
Birthday week
This is the one week of the year where several birthdays collide into one week and considering the post below, it's kinda hard *not* to forget this week:
On the 23rd is the birthday of a good friend of mine who used to ride the schoolbus with me while we tried to think of different things to do with the bus (can we go swimming in it yet?) since we weren't thrilled with the school we were at (we met on that bus actually), and is currently a great flier. From violins and a big yellow bus, she's taken to the skies and now flies around. I hope she buzzes my house one day. At the very least, she could probably find my head while she's flying in the clouds. Tag! You're it!
On the 24th is a double-dose. First, is other most level-headed person on this earth(*) and she just happens to be my Mom. Somehow I don't think that clearing up her desk would be a good birthday present cuz her systems of organizing things are a bit different than mine, but one thing she's taught me that's been one of my most valuable tools is the ability to improvise. She also inveneted a sentense that's been one of my life mottos: "I am enthusiastically determined to perservere in my development of self-discipline and self-control." You can't imagine in how many places and times that's applicable. And since it's an on-going thing, you can carry it with you forever everywhere. Thanks Mom! I love you! {{{Mom}}}
The other "birthday" on the 24th is Hurricane Andrew, and me being the natural disaster freak that I am, I have to remember this one too...especially since I keep forgetting the exact date. :-P On a side note, I'm sorry Mount Pinatubo for not remembering June 7 & 15 in the blog this year. But it ain't just the disasters- it's the people who survived and were determined to rebuild and were strengthened by the ordeals. Hats off to all the survivors!!!
The "birthday" on the 25th is the Pee Wee Herman doll from last post. I remember it because it was right in-between two birthdays.
The birthday on the 26th is the birthday of a family member of mine whom is responsible for my sense of humor. He taught the person whose birthday is on the 24th, and then she taught the one whose birthday was way back in May the day after they got married, and then the three of them taught me. Everything else I either learned on my own or on the internet. But humor aside (actually no cuz he has the ability to make several quick quips during a conversation and if you ain't paying attention, you'll be going "what? what?" while everyone else is laughing. He's lightening quick), (*)he's one of the most level-headed people on this earth and God bless him for it! Our families could not do without this man.
God bless you Lauren, Papa, the survivors, & Mom!!!!
Now if anyone or anything else happens in my life this week that's of note, please let me know! :-D Busy week...and busyness means I screw things up sometimes. If you read this post before 5:30 today, you would have read that I switched Mom's and Papa's birthdays. ACK! Sorry! :-S Like I said, I'm busy.
posted @ 2:18 PM |
0 comments |








©