| ####### Website ####### Blog Pix ####### Flickr ####### Résumé |
<Rainbow Heron>Welcome to the Brain Dump! |
Saturday, November 16, 2002
RIP Brownie
At around 8:33 pm on 11/16 of last year, our beloved dog Brownie was hit by a car. At around 9:05 that same night, she was euthanized.
We had let her out because she wanted to go out. Mom says she had this look about her that told her that something was up and that she needed to go outside. We'll never know what it was that made her want to go outside that night, or why she ran into the street, but one thing we do know: fence in your yard!!! If you can't be with your dog outside at all times and if the leash don't work, fence in the yard.
Also don't do target practice near residential areas or shoot off firecrackers out of season. There was lots of that outside that night and Brownie was always extremely skiddish about those kinds of noises. In the 18 months we had her (SPCA rescue), there were rarely any thunderstorms. Thank goodness because Brownie was scared of them, a bit more than usual.
This is the picture I use the most often of Brownie and it was taken about 3 days after we brought her home. We didn't take too many pix of out pup, but she's got the biggest smile in this one.

Brownie
I'd go on and on about her but there isn't enough room. When she was still alive, I wanted to make a webpage for her so we could keep our funny nicknames and her funny quirks on. That page was never realized and I'm thinking it should be soon before we forget.
I had some macaroni and cheese for dinner tonight and there was no big black cold wet nose to beg for it.
posted @ 8:38 PM |
0 comments |








©